Father’s Heart Ministries partners with E3 to alleviate poverty and address injustices in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. It reaches out in particular to orphaned and vulnerable children in the Northdale and Corpesville communities. Pastor Colin Naidoo leads the project.
Families live in extreme poverty with very few earning an income. AIDS-related illnesses are the leading cause of death among adults, leaving many children not only without parents, but with little or no extended family. Grandmothers often care for several of their grandchildren and in some families older siblings look after the younger ones. Most households do not have proper sanitation and other services.
E3’s partnership is enabling Father’s Heart Ministries to bring hope to children by:
- Providing uniforms, shoes and biblical Life Skills workshops to 150 children through Back to School.
- Feeding 1,230 school pupils once a week, who would not otherwise have a good meal.
- Supporting 150 child-headed homes with food hampers on a rotational basis. These children have little or no adult supervision.
- Addressing the issue of violence against women and children and crisis counselling for learners and teachers.
- Funding a vehicle through a one-off grant so Father’s Heart can now easily access the communities to provide ongoing support.
- Budget: £4,600